Rhythm & Booze, Booze & Rhythm…the two go hand in hand. Actually, companies that make alcohol have been pouring money into the music industry, like sponsoring the Grammy’s, for years and with good reason! People who drink like music too! They just go together, like peanut butter and jelly or cats and dogs. Ok maybe not cats and dogs but definitely like peanut butter and jelly.
Most nights out drinking with friends includes sitting in your favorite bar, selecting tunes on the “juke box”, and talking about music or dancing (even if it is in your chair) to a catchy beat. Makes sense that these two industries make for great marketing opportunities. Makes even better sense to give into their marketing efforts and try the tasty beverages at Rhythm and Booze! They did spend a lot of money on attracting your business after all.
Alcohol marketing money goes to musicians, promoters, venues and record labels from endorsement deals and commercial partnerships. Even movies are getting paid to add specific brand labeling into their films. Next time you see someone in a move take a drink – notice how clearly you can see the label, even if the can/bottle is in the background. In 2015, Budweiser took Coca-Cola’s place as the most active sponsor in the USA music sponsorship market, spending over $1.4 billion. In fact, alcohol giants Jack Daniel’s, Miller/Coors, and Heineken are all running in the top 10 list of big spenders in music.
Across the pond (that means in the United Kingdom) in 2013, Liverpool’s John Moores University conducted a study of UK’s top 10 hits and found that mentioning drink or drunkenness increased from almost 6% in 1981 to 8% in 2001. In 2011 that number jumped to 18.5%. A separate study by the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health found nearly a quarter of the US chart hits, between 2009 and 2011, mentioned alcohol. Almost 7% mentioned specific brands.
Blame it on the a-a-a-a-a-al-co-hol.
SHOT SHOT SHOT SHOT SHOT SHOT Everybody!!!
So here are the top 5 reasons you and your friends should watch the Grammy’s at Rhythm and Booze:
- Rhythm & Booze South and Rhythm & Booze Downtown have all the alcohol mentioned in songs and promoted as sponsors of the Grammy’s
- Rhythm & Booze has a lot of televisions and lots of seating
- The acoustics are great for signing along with your friends and plenty of floor space for spontaneous dancing. (Even though your friends might…none of the Rhythm & Booze staff will judge you if you chair dance)
- Rhythm & Booze is happy to do the cooking for your (our food is awesome!) and our servers are happy to bring you food and drinks.
- Sitting at home is boring! Maybe you and your friends could start a new Grammy tradition at Rhythm & Booze with a game of “Drink What’s in the Song”
See you at Rhythm & Booze (both locations) on Sunday, January 28th!